Sugaring is one of the best forms of hair removal and an alternative to waxing. This form of hair removal is an organic paste that your Aesthetician is specially trained at removing hair. It is gentle to the skin and it removes hair in the direction of hair growth.
When seeing a professional Aesthetician for Sugaring Hair Removal, there are some important things to understand and prepare. Pre and Post preparation will help your treatment run smoothly.
Please follow these Sugaring tips to minimize irritation and possible discomfort:
- Use a loofah, bath mit or sugar scrub 2-3 times a week when you bathe. The best time to start is 72-hours after your Sugaring treatment. After use, rinse thoroughly and remove all soap and leave to dry naturally in a well ventilated place.
- Moisturize your skin daily before and after your hair removal treatment (not the day of your treatment or during the first 72 hours after your treatment). This will help your skin and the hair grow for better sugaring treatments.
- Do not do anything that will cause excessive sweating as the follicles are open and prone to infection.
- Avoid sun/solarium exposure for 48 hrs before and after being sugared.
- Avoid saunas, steam rooms, spas and other heated sources for at least 48 hours.
- Both hot baths and hot showers are discouraged directly after your sugaring appointment. If you need to bathe, use lukewarm water.
- Avoid swimming in chlorinated pools or the beach for 24 hours after your sugaring treatment.
- Avoid heavy exercise for at least 24 hours after your sugaring treatment.
- Avoid the use of exfoliating products for at least 72 hours after Sugaring as they might irritate your skin.
- Avoid using natural loofah's as bacteria thrives in natural fibers.
- Avoid applying deodorant for the first 24 hours after sugaring treatment if sugaring underarms.
- Avoid applying make-up directly after facial sugar.
- Avoid tight clothing after sugaring, especially in the sugared areas. Tight clothing may result in irritation and ingrown hairs.
- Don't shave between sugaring. This distorts the hair growth cycle.
- Don't pick at ingrown hairs, it may cause scarring or even infection. Come in and we will remove them professionally and hygienically.
- Apply cold compress or anti-histamine cream to reduce redness, hives or irritation. If you break out in read bumps after your sugaring appointment, this is called a histamine reaction. Taking an antihistamine will resolve this but let your Aesthetician know.
It is recommended your hair removal treatments are scheduled every 3 weeks for the best results. The hair will eventually start growing in less and less for most people if you maintain an every 3 week schedule year-round.
Incandescent Skin, 3134 N. Swan Road, Tucson, AZ 85712WWW.INCANDESCENTSKIN.COMBOOK NOW